Monday, October 28, 2013

Fearlessly Fragile



Over the past few days I've been mulling over the reality of my own weakness.  However, instead of this being a negative, depressing thought, it has become very liberating for me.
 
Embracing my weakness gives me the freedom to surrender control (and I love control).  Embracing my weakness relieves me of the stress and pressure of having to be all, do all and please all.   Most importantly, embracing my weakness makes room for God to be strong in me, through me and instead of me!  It is such a comfort to know that in my weakness I am strong!  Mere me, who is weak and fragile, can claim fearless freedom in the strength of my Creator who IS all.
 
Over and over I have prayed for strength.  I pray for strength for my friends, my children, the grieving, the sick,  myself, the whosoever.   I'm changing the rudder in my prayer life.  I'm no longer asking for strength.  I've realized it's not about my strength, it's not about me.  Instead I will only pray that God's strength would be made perfect in my weakness.  That God's strength would flow through me and that I would readily see supernatural inexplicable things happen through a weakling like me.
 
Soak it in:
 
"But he (Jesus) said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Crist's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in my weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and inspiring. I love your writing but I love beautiful you more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...