Friday, October 25, 2013

Living in Paradox

 
My Son took this picture during one of our many visits to the Bay of Fundy shores.   When I look at it I see stillness in action.  Peace in the noise.

For years I've been trying to figure out how to cultivate my 'being' in a life of 'doing'.  I tend to keep myself busy.  So much so, that guilt seeps in if I sit for too long.  When I'm really honest with myself, I see how I can easily find my worth and identity wrapped up in what I do. Danger.  This I know to be so flawed.  My identity and worth are found in my creator, who has embedded a part of himself in my DNA by stamping me with his image. 

When our identity is found in who he (Jesus) is, than all of the success and failure in life do not impact or embellish or change who we are.  Our 'being' is discovered and nurtured in those quiet times.  The stillness. 

God has been leading me towards a life which practices solitude and silence.  It is my goal to live the paradox of 'being' within 'doing'. To live a life combining stillness and action.  This has been one of the most difficult things he's ever asked my distracted self to do. It is in those moments that I cultivate my being. Those are the moments when God and I hang out and he whispers truth into me;

"My child"

"You are dearly loved"

"I created you exactly how I want you to be"

"Never will I leave you."

"Let go, I'll catch you."

"You can trust me".

"Do not worry"

"My peace is yours
claim it."

"My joy is complete
live it"

"My Grace is free
receive it

"Be still and know that I Am God".

In your daily toils of working, partnering, parenting, cleaning, cooking, comforting, teaching, guiding, playing, listening, watching, driving, studying, shopping and any other '...ing' you find yourself in, know this:

You are created by a God who wants all of your attention and who wants to give you all the love you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...